Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Virginia and Washington D.C.

So I've realized that the East Coast is definitely not like home on the West Coast. For one thing, I can't for the life of me, find a Jamba Juice anywhere! I had a migraine the other day and when I woke up from my coma, all I wanted was a Jamba Juice. The closest Nordstroms Rack is like an hour away, I have no idea where to get a hair cut, and i don't just mean a trim, I'm going to chop it all off. And where do people out here shop for jewelry? Oh how I miss Oh La La.

***BUT***

There is one good thing for sure. WHITNEY LIVES IN VIRGINIA! This past weekend Whit drove out to where we are and hung out with me most of Saturday while Pete was working so I wasn't lonely. We explored the greatest outdoor mall in Richmond. And then on Sunday Pete and I drove out towards where Whit lives so that we could all go to Washington D.C. As we were driving into the city we saw the presidents helicopter fly over us. We stopped and walked around the Jefferson Monument, saw the Washington Monument and then stopped to walk around the White House. We were seriously *this* close to seeing the president. As we were walking around the White House, the presidents motorcade drove by with sirens blaring and all. It was great!


















Pete doesn't get home from work until about 9:30p.m. I must be getting pretty bored in the evening because, I've found myself cooking dinner. Actually cooking! I DON'T cook... Ever! I've cooked dinner the last 2 nights in a row, and again tonight and tonight I even went as far as to make a strawberry pie! who the freak am I?


1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they love the cooking. Nick is a good person to experiment on..he will eat anything! Maybe Amelia and I will come out there again to keep you company!

    P.S. Your not missing anything at NR, I've been so much lately and I haven't been able to find a single thing!

    ReplyDelete