Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My Birthday and 38 Week Update

My 26th Birthday was yesterday. I hadnt planned on doing anything, i'm too tired and too pregnant. haha. I did wake up early though and went to get a mani and pedi with my friend Terra. Pete even came for a little bit just to hang out. I tried to talk him into getting a pedicure too but no luck. Dont let that fool you though, he's had one before and loved it. I cant decide if I like the pedicure or the massage chair more. haha. Afterwards, I went to get my eyebrows done. Now I feel completely beautified and ready for baby to come. Then we went to lunch and made a pit stop at Nordstroms Rack, not that I fit into any cute clothes but I did get a pair of sunglasses and a really cute dress in my before pregnancy size (which i'll use for motivation to get back down to my regular size).

I still had to work that afternoon until 8pm. When I got in the car to drive home, I called pete like I always do. He seemed a little too calm and he said he had been pretty busy meeting with some guy about work which seemed weird becuase that doesnt take 4 hours, more like an hour tops. He asked me what I wanted for dinner and he kept suggesting things he could make at home and he never wants to cook. So I tried to get him to order sushi (all cooked, so sad.) and when I got off the phone with him, I was under the impression that he was calling in an order. But when I walked into the house, I walked right in to a surprise party thrown by my family. SURPRISE! is right, it actually scared me for a second. We had some good food and GREAT cupcakes. had a little present time and hung out for awhile. It was a good birthday by far. They have gotten me with a surprise party 2 years in a row. they are good! THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING AND FOR MAKING MY BIRTHDAY SO SPECIAL! 26 should be a great year.

38 WEEK UPDATE:
- my ankles and feet have started to swell, this is not so cute.
- I have gained 30 pounds, yikes!
- I think I felt my first contraction yesterday but it went so fast that I knew it couldnt really mean much. And I was right, it hasnt happened again since.
- my back hurts so bad that I am *miserable* at night time.
- I havent been sleeping much either.
- I lay awake last night from 3am - 6:30am watching Full House
- I went to the Dr. this morning and when she checked me she said that I was 1-1/2 cm dialated and 75% thinned, so her best guess was this weekend by the earliest.
- that sounds good to me!
- Only 10 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment