Thursday, November 3, 2011

19 Months Old

Another month down and so, so, so many more to go! I caught myself tonight, holding Harlow in the rocking chair while trying to put her to bed, thinking about what she was like just a few months ago. Before the summer, before she even knew how to walk. In 6 short months she has become her own person. I can talk to her and really know that she understands me, she gets it. She knows when I mean business and she knows how to play the situation (to get her way). This kid is SMART! Thinking about all the changes that have occurred got my a little teary eyed actually. Even though I talk about her age in months, shes really a toddler, a little person, a kid almost. She is NOT a baby. And that truly makes me sad. But a happy sort of sad. She is thriving and growing and turning into such a sweet girl. She makes me so proud I could burst. But I'm sure all moms say that.

When I compare her milestones from 18 months to 19 months I feel like there is no stopping her. Each day is new and different. I think I spoke too soon when I said she wasn't so clingy anymore. We still have issues of "mommy hold me" all day long. It leaves me feeling frazzled by the end of the day. Its not until the end of the night, when she is already asleep, that I regret not holding her every time she asks. I know, its not good for me to indulge her, and if I did my house would be a disaster. But I have to keep reminding myself that it's not the end of the world, and one day not too far from now, she won't want me to hold her, let alone hold her hand or kiss her cheek. So maybe it's a joint battle for us, finding the balance of it.

Harlow doesn't talk in one word commands anymore, she speaks full sentences. Some days she says things that really freak me out. It leaves me stunned. First of all, where did she hear this, and secondly, how does she know what that means? Her comprehension is also growing. Tonight during bath time, Pete told Harlow to squeeze the turtles tummy to make the water squirt out. She tried, and was having a hard time getting the water to come out. So he told her to put the other toy down and use two hands to squeeze the tummy. She immediately did it and squealed with delight when she got it to work.

Today I also went and got a pedicure during Harlow's nap time. (Don't worry, Pete was home.) When I got back and she woke up, she immediately noticed my toes and said, "mommy painted toes". I asked her if she wanted me to paint her toes too and she got up and walked over to the stairs and said "yeah, come on". So, I painted her 10 little piggies bright pink today.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with all the new things she can say. But here is a short (not so short) list of her newest words/sentences.

One more cheese please mommy
One more time
Right here
Right there
Draw picture please
Read a book
Car wash
Hurry hurry
Here you go
Carrots
Cucumbers
Pizza
Turn around
Zebra
Goat
Elephant
Hold me
We're home
Close your eyes
Go ahead
I got it
Sticker
Look at that
Find animals
Open door
Hold me mommy
Tigger
Pooh Bear
Piglet
Eyore
Brianna
Grandma B
Conichiwa (Japanese)
Ni Hao (Chinese)
Hola (Spanish)
Abracadabra
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
ABCDE
I'm
Cleaning
Scrub scrub
So cool
Do you hear it?
What's that?
Scare mommy
It's scary
Chair
Have it?
Go for a ride
I swimming
Daddy go work
Come back here
Ride a bike
Baby sleeping
Ocean
Get out
They're kissing
Come back here right now
Pillow
Mommy hold this
I say, What does the mommy say? and Harlow says, I love you!
She says the same for What does daddy say?
If you ask her what the wolf says she will howl.
And if you ask her what the rooster says, she does the cock-a-doodle-do
Put water on the table
Take a bite
Movie
Coach Susi
Coach Chelsea
Not right now
Nice doggie
Monster
Happy Halloween
Trick or treat
Pumpkin
Lotion
Tinkerbell
Phone
I did it!
What's that?
Come on
Happy day to you (Harlow's version of happy birthday)
Look it
Banana
Broccoli
Starfish
Jellyfish
Super
Wiggle wiggle
Tickle
Paint toes
I'm sorry
Dora
Diego
Boots

Whew! These lists are getting ridiculous. And the sad part is, this is not nearly all of it! Until next time, enjoy these pictures we took today! Brace yourself, there are a lot!































This is her, What does a monster/dinosaur/lion say?






















Such pure innocent child-like joy!




















No comments:

Post a Comment