Sunday, April 1, 2012

Harlow's BOW-tique Birthday (Part 1)

It's here, she is finally 2 years old. Can I still refer to her as my baby? Will she hate me when she's 16 and I'm still calling her that? Oh well, I guess that's what therapy is for. These past 2 years flew by so fast. I still remember hearing her first cry in the OR and seeing her bright eyes look at me for the first time. She has grown up so much in the last 2 years. It's hard to believe that 2 years ago she needed me for everything. And now, she only needs me for the necessities. She is so smart and independent that it kills me sometimes. I secretly love when she isn't feeling well or is nervous or scared because then she needs me. And those moments don't come often enough anymore. Before I start crying, I'll get to Harlow's 2nd birthday party.

On Sunday morning we had a great birthday party to celebrate our baby. She loves to watch the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and in that she loves the Minnie's Bow-tique episodes. So we created a Harlow's bow-tique to celebrate Harlow's (and my) love for bows.

I procrastinated A LOT this year on party planning so the week of her party was chaos at our house. It looked like pink threw up in our house. Pink was everywhere! And I don't think I will make another bow myself as long as I live. But, her party was a success.




I made bows and bow-ties for everyone to wear to take part in the bow-tique.


I printed a few of my favorite instagrams from the past year, reminiscent of Harlow's 1-12 month photo shoots displayed at her last birthday party.


























Harlow has the best daddy, such a team player for being the first to put on a bow-tie. Anything for his baby girl!






Uncle Dev and Aunt Aiko made the trip up to Fresno to celebrate with us.






































She blew out her birthday candle all by herself and after taking her first few bites of her cupcake, she even shared and let cousin Amelia have a bite. Anything for your best friend right?






Daddy also handed her a cake-pop the second she was done with her cupcake. Only on your birthday!


All the kids.
















































I'm so glad that so many people could come and celebrate Harlow's birthday. It wouldn't have been special without everyone who cares about Harlow there. But, I think next year we will just be having pizza and cake at the house. I don't think I have the energy for another party. Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Amazingly planned birthday! All the arrangements for the bridal shower of my cousin were done by me single handed. From booking one of the alluring venues in Chicago to caterers, quality bakers, self decorations with balloons and ribbons. Ordered flowers for perfect ambience. Invited all her friends as well.

    ReplyDelete