Sunday, January 17, 2010

She Cooks?

I have been doing way more cooking than usual. I figure I have a brand new house with a brand new kitchen, I might as well put it to some use. The other night I made Broccoli and Cheese Quiche but tonight I made Shepherds Pie. I think it is my new favorite and it was so easy to make. We ate it before I could take a picture to go with this post. Just goes to show how good it was. If you're interested:

Font size
Shepherds Pie

What You Need:

1-1/4 lb. of red potates cut into chunks
3 large cloves of garlic, peeled
3/4 cups of sour cream (I use Knudsen Light Sour Cream)
1/2 cup of Kraft Shredded Sharp Cheddar, divided
1 lb. extra lean ground beef
2 Tbsp. of flour
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables - thawed
3/4 cup of reduced sodium beef broth
2 Tbsp. Ketchup

Make It:
PLACE potates and garlic in large saucepan, add enough water to cover. Cover and bring to a boil. reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, return to saucepan. Add sour cream, mash potatoes until smooth. stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese.

PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees. brown meat in a large skillet. stir in flour and cool 1 minute. Add vegetables, broth and ketchup; cook 5 minutes. spoon into an 8 inch square baking dish. cover with potatoes.

BAKE 18 minutes. sprinkle with remaining cheese . bake an additional 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.

(Should serve about 6)

ENJOY!

I've also been doing a lot of crafts but the rain brought that to a standstill today. I have so many half finished projects laying around because of it. Paint just doesnt dry in wet weather. I'll have to post pictures of them once I can get them finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment