Friday, April 2, 2010

She's Late, She's Late, She's Late For a Very Important Date!

So today marks the day that our baby is officially 6 days LATE!

Doesn't this kid know that her mother doesn't wait for anything! This has been a true test of patience for me. I am probably the most impatient person you'll meet. I like things done on time and done right NOW! Nothing can wait once the thought has crossed my mind. So when a Dr. gives you a Due Date, in my mind she better be early or on time!

It never even entered my mind that she would ever be late, and 6 days late at that!

On Wednesday we went to the Dr. and I was still dilated 1-1/2 cm (the same for the last 3 weeks). The Dr. ran a few tests to check the baby's heart rate and my fluids to make sure everything was going well still. It was, everything was normal. So I didn't feel good about inducing just yet. I told the Dr. I would wait until Friday, come see her again and then go from there.

That same day I was having some INTENSE contractions. I actually had a few that were really painful and they got down to where they were 7 minutes apart. But eventually they turned into 40 min. apart and then an hour apart and then totally stopped.

Thursday... Not a thing happened. I barely had any contractions!

Today (Friday) we went to see the Dr. She had decided we should try inducing and I agree. I'm done being pregnant and I want this baby out, she's had her time, its not like she needs more days to grow or develop. Any way she comes out now is fine with me! I am still a little weirded out by being induced. I mean its drugs that forces your body to do something that usually nature does for you. But hey, I'm ready to get the job done!

SO TONIGHT I GO TO THE HOSPITAL TO BE INDUCED!

We'll finally get to meet our little baby either late tonight or sometime tomorrow! I'm so excited! And a little nervous. Hospital, meds, needles, Dr.'s - none of those things usually agree with me or my anxiety very well. I get overwhelmed easily so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly. wish us luck!

hopefully my next post will be of baby pictures of baby Hafen!

1 comment:

  1. looks like it all went smoothly :) can't wait to see more pictures of precious harlow. congrats again!!

    ReplyDelete