Thursday, May 13, 2010

My First Mothers Day

MOTHERS DAY!



The only picture of me and baby on mothers day. Me changing her diaper, I guess a mothers job never ends.











This year I got to experience my very FIRST mothers day. I know I've been a mom for a little over a month but I didnt really feel like a mom to other people. I only felt like a mom to myself and my baby. BUT all of the great e-mails, texts and calls from everyone really made it seem REAL. So thank you for the well wishes. I had a great day spending it with Pete and baby Harlow.

We slept in a little in the morning, and took it slow getting ready. We let baby hang out in her PJ's for awhile while I took a long shower, gave myself a manicure and watched some TV. When we were finally dressed and ready to go we packed everything up (and theres a lot of stuff now-a-days) and got in the car to head to Seattle.

We walked all over the place, did some shopping and sight-seeing and explored Pike's Market. Pete did a little shopping at Nike Town (that guy is obsessed with shoes) and I got some really cute baby clothes for Harlow at Baby Gap (On sale of course, otherwise their prices are ridiculous, but still my favorite place to shop) and we bought some bright and beautiful flowers from the Market. We at lunch in a Bistro and walked by the water.

The baby slept most of the day in her stroller. By the time we headed home she was ready to get out of that thing. She did good for us being out and about for so long.

It was such a beautiful day in Washington, the sun was out the whole day and it was almost 70 degrees. And then it rained the next day. haha.
Can't wait for many more Mothers Days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment