Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lennox - 8 Months Old

 Oh my, Lenny Mae! What a sweet little rascal you have turned into.  You are such a happy and joyful baby these days.  You thrive on experiencing new things and meeting new people. Which is such a change from last month.  There are no more tears when strangers talk to you and you let anyone pick you up and hold you.  You are quick to share your big dimpled smile and sometimes even play coy when new people talk to you. You duck your head to the side and lean into my shoulder and smile.  It is so sweet!

___

Big things have been happening this past month.  Lennox has finally started showing off some of her new tricks.  When you say "pat, pat" she will pat her hands on her lap over and over again.  If you ask her to "shake, shake" she will shake whatever toy she is holding.  Sometimes if you tell her to "clap, clap" she will try to clap her hands together but she hasn't got it just yet, but she sure tries.  My most favorite trick is her "ta-da!".  She does it over and over again on command.  And sometimes she likes to raise her arms up over her head and open and close her hands at the same time.  It is by far the cutest thing she does!

She has been doing more babbling lately. Different sounds have been coming out and more than one sound put together.  Pete thinks she says "Dada" but I don't think it counts until she is calling HIM Dada. :) It is so fun to hear her little voice though.

She has gotten so big that we have finally retired the Bumbo Seat.  I'm a little sad to see it go because it is so convenient. I will admit that I still shove her chubby thighs into it every once in awhile to get a shower in when Pete isn't home.  We have also retired the vibrating chair, she's like Hercules and will lunge herself forward to get out of it.  I'm sad to see that one go too.  She's getting so hard to contain these days! She is most content these days sitting on a blanket surrounded by her toys. 

Since we have been back home in California, she has been sleeping in HER OWN ROOM! And in her crib.  It's funny because Harlow was sleeping in her own room long before Lennox was (But we don't have a choice when we are living away from home). But even though she is so much older, I was still so nervous not to have her sleeping next to our bed.  She threw a huge fit about it on our first night home from Indiana. We arrived home in California a little before 2 a.m.  We gave her a bath, bottle and tried to put her to bed as usual but oh man did she cry!  She finally gave in and fell asleep after an hour and from then on has slept just fine and peaceful in her room at night and at nap time.

She can hold herself up when placed on her hands and knees and will rock back and forth.  She won't get to her knees on her own yet (thank goodness!).  I secretly don't want her to crawl.  I'm just not ready, I feel overwhelmed by how fast she is growing up and crawling will just push me over the edge! I'm sad to see glimpses of baby getting left behind. She is getting so big and capable, once she is crawling and walking she won't need me for much!

Pictures this month were a little more challenging since she can sit up and grab and wiggle around now. But I was also able to capture a little more of her personality because of that.  I love her scrunched up smiley face and the wrinkle she gets on her nose when she does it.  Poor Gus Gus is getting more and more nervous for pictures each month. As soon as she sees me lay out the white blanket she takes off and hides. 

Lennox Mae, what are we going to do with you?  I've been wishing and praying and hoping for a time machine. I want to freeze you in place and never let you grow up! I love you so much baby sister!
 




















No comments:

Post a Comment