Monday, February 1, 2010

Baby Shower with Family

This Sunday my family had a baby shower for me. We went to Sal's because I have been craving mexican food on a weekly basis. It was good to see everyone all together. Its rare that we all see each other outside of Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years. Thank you to everyone who came.

While we were all at the baby shower, Pete went golfing with his brother and some friends. So as soon as he got home I put him to work unloading the car and taking everything upstairs to her room. We got to put the baby bedding in her crib (finally). I'ts so cute! And of course the first thing Pete had to play with was the Baby Monitor that he registered for. It was the only thing he REALLY wanted on the registry. Not my choice, it was 100% his.


My mom and Pete's mom
Cake










THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR COMING AND FOR THE WONDERFUL GIFTS!

ON A SIDE NOTE:
This morning it became offical. We sold the GMC Yukon. No more 24's, navigation, blacked out windows and tail lights. It was a rappers dream car. (or my husbands small glimpses of his youth). If you see it driving around Fresno, dont honk and wave, its not me anymore :( so as of 10 a.m. this morning I am carless. As we speak the Husband is out wheeling and dealing to get me a newer and better ride. We didnt need to sell the Yukon but it would just be smarter to have a smaller car payment and gas payment each month with a baby coming. What money we save we will be able to put towards a savings account. Which makes me, the worry rat, feel much better about our future and unforeseen emergencies. Not to mention, by selling the Yukon it could potentially enable us to have a car without a car payment. No who doesnt think that sounds nice? Hopefully by later this afternoon I'll have a car to get me to work twice a day, otherwise you might see a 32 Week pregnant lady riding a bike down Shepherd. wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment