Friday, June 18, 2010

Shhhhhh! Don't Tell Pete or My Dad!

Fathers Day is coming up fast and I want to do something special for Pete's first Father's Day. So Harlow and I had a mini photo shoot. I also did one for my dad too for his first Fathers Day as a grandpa. We sent it out in the mail already. She was in such a good mood and really likes being in the Bumbo.

I also have a few ideas planned for Pete on Sunday. We (I, Harlow watched) made a banner that says Happy Father's Day and then put some tissue paper to some good use as decorations. I think I'll decorate while he's sleeping in the morning so he can wake up to it all. I'm leaving it up to Pete on what he wants to do on Sunday because we always end up doing what I want on Sundays, dont tell him I admitted to that though. No pictures of the decorations just yet, they are currently in hiding. :)

I also used a couple of peoples recommendation to check out Blurb.com to put together a book of all of the newborn pictures Stephanie Ryan took. It was a little pricey but I was so impressed when it arrived in the mail only 5 days later. I got a large square book and I was a little apprehensive to order it because I was afraid the quality of the pictures wouldnt be that great once I enlarged them. But I was so WRONG! I'm so glad I got the larger book. The pictures came out great!

We made little mini books for our dads for father's day too. The same as our book but the smaller version and less pictures/pages. They each have a picture of them with harlow in it. So cute! Sad I forgot to take a picture of them before I sent them off in the mail.

For Ojiichan (grandpa in Japanese)

For Pete!

We haven't been up to much this past week. This last weekend was actually really pretty and sunny (for once). But then Monday brought the gloom back and it has rained every day since. I don't like to go out and about when it rains with the baby so we stick around the house (apartment, bleh!). Plus, this way my boredom doesnt get expensive (shopping).
BUT
I lied, I did go shopping one day, I found a mall called the Super Mall that has a Nordstrom Rack (Me=happy) and some outlet stores. It not only had a NRack but a Gap outlet, Carters outlet, Children's Place outlet, Gymboree, Marshalls, and VS (I went for their semi-annual sale of course). I was a happy girl.
I tried to explain to pete, that yes, my pre-pregnancy jeans are wearable, his exact words when I showed him I could get them zipped was, "look, they fit you dont need to buy new ones." What he doesnt understand is that just because I could get them zipped up doesnt mean they "fit". That last 2-3lbs that wont go away hangs out right at my waistline of my jeans. Making for a not so cute muffin top look. ack! Thats the worst, I even cringe when I see other people's muffin top. So I bought a new pair of Seven's at NRack, BUT it was destiny! Someone must have returned a pair that had already been hemmed. So not only were they at a NRack price, but then they were discounted on top of that because of the hemming. And when I tried them on... THEY WERE HEMMED TO MY EXACT LENGTH! They were meant to be mine. This was my justification :) But not only were they on sale of a sales price, I saved $20 by not having to go out and get them hemmed :) OH THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY! :):):)
I hate cooking. Last summer I got so bored out in Virigina that I brushed up on my cooking skills and added a couple of things to my recipe book (my memory, I always forget to write this stuff down). This summer with so much rain my boredom has caused me to once again test out my cooking skills. Not bad, if I do say so myself. Who knew there were so many different ways to cook fish and chicken!
There has been talks of going to Yakima, about 2 and a half hours from where we are now, so Pete can work that area for a few days. I'm NOT excited about this. Traveling and living in a hotel with a baby = no fun! If it were sunny and nice I would be a little more excited about this. Oh well, one more adventure I guess. Like taking a 3 week old all the way to Washington...

No comments:

Post a Comment