Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Ahhhh... Summer...

Summer isn't summer without a popsicle. I personally love Otter Pops but I haven't been able to get Harlow to eat one without spitting it out. I think they are just too cold for her.

A few weeks back I was having trouble getting Harlow to eat. And I mean she wouldn't eat anything I gave her. Even her favorites. I finally figured out she was getting 4 new teeth but for a solid week she only ate dried fruits, cheese, milk and yogurt. It was stressing me out! But a couple of people recommended I try and give her popsicles. I realized she had never even had a popsicle. I found a couple of recipes online but they all called for added sugar and that isn't exactly what I was going for. So a few days ago I just went for it and threw some things together in the blender. I added fat free strawberry yogurt, fresh strawberries and whole milk. There are so many recipes for popsicles and a lot of them are healthy options that include fruits and vegetables. I can't wait to try different recipes.

As you can tell, her first popsicle was a success! She loved it.





























No comments:

Post a Comment