Saturday, February 11, 2012

Playroom Update and Learning Colors

I haven't updated about the new playroom since Christmas time. A few months of living (or playing) in the space, it now feels more user friendly and lived in. We spend a lot of time every day in this room, Harlow especially. First thing she does in the morning (once she's had her milk) is run to her playroom. It has been a life saver for Pete and I while we get ready in the morning. It keeps her entertained and out of trouble. And the afternoons are spent here too. We play with her toys, color, create, dance, listen to music, and pretend. I rearranged some things so that they were more accessible for Harlow.

Our newest addition to the playroom is a poster. $1.99 poster that hopefully will ease my mind a little. Recently I realized that Harlow has been having trouble identifying colors. ALL colors. It wouldn't bother me so much if she wasn't so smart! She knows her alphabet, all of the sounds of the alphabet, her numbers, animals and all of their coordinating sounds but she can not for the life of her identify COLORS! So we headed over to Professor Toys in Clovis a few days ago and picked up a few things to help her figure things out without pressuring her to learn them. We picked up a poster with different colored lizards and a set of colored bean bags. The last few days she has been throwing and retrieving the bean bags according to color and then matching them to the coordinating colored lizard. She has been loving playing "lizards and bags". I figure I'll give it a couple more weeks and hopefully she'll figure out her colors. Until then, everything in my house will continue to be described by colors. "Harlow, do you want green grapes and red strawberries for snack?" Haha.



Making snow angels... on the rug.


New light fixture.


Hello Kitty doll house. And Nemo figurines.


Cooking up a storm in her kitchen. Usually she's making cookies.




All paper books placed out of her reach and board books down low. :)




Feeding her ever present pooh bear a bottle.










Lizards and Bean Bags.




I gave her my pom poms to play with. And notice my shoes in the room? There is always one pair of my shoes in there. She sneaks them out of my closet to wear and play with. On a daily basis she is wearing my shoes and pushing her stroller.


I finally painted the chairs.




No comments:

Post a Comment