Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's Official!



As of April 30th I became a full time stay at home mom. It only took me a year to figure out that this is what I really wanted. I always enjoyed my job, ALWAYS. Most of the time it never really felt like a job. I mean, who gets to go to work and play? And get paid to do something you love?! And on top of that, be around friends and family everyday. But the more time I missed at home with Harlow, the more I thought about life in general and what was passing me by that I would never get back. Especially right now in her life, she is learning something new every day. And that's no exaggeration. Maybe I let my anxiety get the best of me, and maybe I overthink a lot of things. But I know 100% that I will NEVER look back and regret this decision.

So first I have to say that a lot of this decision happened with Pete. He has always told me, from the time I was pregnant, that if I wanted, I should stay home. He has always said that we could make it work. That's a lot of support that I needed to hear, repeatedly before I really made up my mind.

Before I even made up my mind, it was like his job was talking about their summer program again, and it was only January! So I did a lot of thinking, and talking with Pete and we decided that now seemed like a good time to make the decision for me to stay home. Because his job responsibilities is to take an office out of state every summer, we decided that I either stay home in Fresno and work, or Harlow and I come out to Colorado with him. I know he would have been heartbroken if we had stayed behind and he had missed out on all the things she is learning right now. Like saying "Hi Daddy" or "I Love You" and even learning how to walk.

So with a lot of sadness, I resigned from my postion at Break the Barriers as their Gymnastics Director and coach. I'm sad to say goodbye to my days of coaching. I have gone to Break the Barriers my whole life, they practically raised me. I spent 3-5 days a week there growing up. And at 16 I started coaching. I spent 20 years making some of my greatest memories. Without Break the Barriers I would never have met Pete, and never married Pete, meaning I would never have had Harlow. It will always be a special place to me that I will forever call Home. And it will all come full circle once Harlow is old enough to take gymnastics lessons, or whatever lessons she wants there. I can't wait to share something that is so special to me, with her.

They definitly gave me a great send off that made it very clear that this is not goodbye, we'll back in September and ready to enroll Harlow in some classes in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment