Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dev & Aiko's Wedding Shower

It's been a rough couple of nights this week, at first it was just me, having trouble falling asleep. I spent two nights up until about 3am watching who knows what on TV until I fell asleep. And then last night Harlow kept waking up ALL night long. She never does that, she has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 months old. And my dear husband "didn't hear her wake up". Yeah right... Note to self, do not fall asleep in the rocking chair, I literally couldn't move when I woke up holding a sound asleep baby. I put her back in her crib and 5 minutes later she was awake again. I couldn't sit in the rocker again so I brought her in to bed with me. She slept and woke up, and slept again and finally at 3am she was back in her crib and didn't wake up again. Gahhh! I haven't been so sleep deprived since she was first born. And do you know what my dear husband said to me this morning while we were getting ready? He said, "Wow, I haven't slept this good in a long time." Must be nice!

Excuse my rant, I'm not fun when I'm tired.

Back to the post, my brother and his fiance were home for the weekend for their wedding shower. It was thrown at Aiko's aunt's house. Always fun to see everyone and eat good food! Aiko's family has a tradition of using the wrapping and bows from their gifts to dress the bride to be up in a paper made bridal gown. It is a great idea and great tradition. And since my brother showed up to the shower, he was also dressed up.

Harlow had a blast with all the attention she got, and always loves to explore a new place. Especially one with steps.


Baachan, Jiichan and Harlow.


My mom and brother working together on a bridal shower game.


Some of the family playing games.


My dad and Harlow sharing some goldfish.




Visiting with Grandma Chakerian.


My brother bribing Harlow to come to him with Goldfish.


Aiko and Dev opening gifts.




Grandma Chakerian and my mom.




Aiko's mom.










A blanket made by Grandma Chakerian.










Soon to be Bride and Groom.






Pictures of my mom and dad's wedding. Can you see me and my brother?


Getting ready to dress the bride in her paper gown.










And my brother getting into his paper tux.









Wedding coming soon! We are all so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment