Friday, August 6, 2010

Cora's Story










I don't know where to start... Yesterday I followed a link to a link to a link (you get the picture) and came upon www.corasstory.org. I was about to skip it but then I saw a picture of a cute little newborn with a pink bow on her back and the words "my baby died".

Long story short, I read her entire (well almost) blog. Her baby died at 5 days old while she was nursing her. One minute she is watching her newborn nurse and the next she looks down and her baby is covered in blood and isn't breathing. She tells her story of the amazing 5 days she had as a new mom and she tells of her race to the hospital and the funeral for her baby and the story of how cora's story is helping people all over the world as a non-profit to bring awareness to congenital heart defects. (which her baby was born with but was somehow missed in the hospital) I highly recommend you visit her site and help spread her message. Make sure when you sit down to read you have a box full of tissues.

Anyway, I cried for a long time yesterday reading her story. Can you imagine what she must have been feeling? Guilt she must have felt (though she didn't deserve any) and sadness. It makes you realize that nothing is a given and you shouldn't take anything for granted because it can be taken away.

Babies shouldn't die but they do. Be thankful for your family and make sure you make every moment worthwhile. Don't wait to do something until the timing is right because the time is never right, you just have to make it what you want it.

I definitely scooped my sleeping baby up (something I never do when she's napping, can you say grumpy!) and snuggled with her for an hour while she snored in my arms. Sheesh! People should tell you how emotional you get when you become a mom! I've always been emotional and a quick one to cry but man, being a mom only makes it worse! I hadn't planned on that!

Pete came home from work later, I was still crying and reading and he made sure to sit and love on us too.








I couldn't get it out of my mind all night, I didn't sleep well. Wishing that momma all the best! Help spread her message, find her at www.corasstory.org or on facebook.

And go make sure to love your family!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


1 comment:

  1. I read it too, cried like a baby, and then went into Ollie's room and watched him sleep.

    ReplyDelete