Thursday, August 5, 2010

Toxic baby

Well I knew it would happen sometime...

Yesterday Harlow woke up from a nap and did a little business in her diaper. I usually leave her for a couple of minutes (it takes her awhile to finish) before I go in for the kill and change her. But this time... It was like a volcano erupted! It came out both leg holes and the front and back of her diaper. (she's had leaky diapers before, but this was a thousand times worse.)

So I rush to change her and get her cleaned up. I gave a loud sigh of relief when I was done. And then she goes again!!!!! And it was the same thing all over again. So instead of wiping her off I figured it was a good time for a bath instead.

And she did it again this morning while Pete was feeding her. Haha!

These are the things you hear about when you're pregnant but don't realize how awful it really is until it happens.

Then I felt guilty because obviously something had to cause her to have this episode of diarrhea, and I am probably the source of the problem. I haven't changed a thing except that I had a strawberry kiwi Snapple and remember mentioning to Pete how sugary it was. I think it was that or the abnormal amount of watermelon I had in one day.

Almost immediately after, she broke out in a diaper rash ALL over. I wonder if she could be allergic to something I ate.

So...

Dear Baby,

I'm sorry.

Love,
Mom

Oh! And this little monster went from eating 4 1/2 - 6 ounces every feeding to eating 7+ ounces. I don't know if I'm going to be able to keep up!

On a happier note, we're coming home on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! Well we really won't make it there until Sunday but yea!!!!!

Pete thought it was hilarious that her PJ shorts landed on her head like a hat.





Sleeping in mommy's arms.





Two jealous dogs. Lately I find them cuddling together.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a growth spurt. She also might be ready to move up to the next diaper size.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol we bought bigger diapers but they are HUGE on her. She really just a massive amount of poo! That and it was really runny. Lol the perks of being a mom right?

    ReplyDelete