Friday, January 7, 2011

9 Months Old

Warning: These pictures did not turn out the way I had pictured them in my head. Now that she can crawl, she has no interest in sitting still. Didn't even crack a smile once either. Feisty little girl!







Check out her first tooth on the bottom. Her second bottom tooth is currently working its way through.



9. Months. Old! (my inner voice screams this with anxiety when I think about it.)


It makes me feel like time is passing too quickly and I am having intense fears that I am not making the most of it. I want Harlow to grow up having many special family memories. And I am constantly asking myself if I am doing a good job at helping create that. I want her to know that her greatest friends are her family. And that "We Love You No Matter What". I want her to know and believe that motto especially. I think that it is important for her to grow up confident in our love for her. She is a pretty lucky little girl. I have no doubt that she is spoiled with love and has many people who love her unconditionally. I hope she grows up knowing that too. I have been reading "The Five Love Languages of Children" whenever I can grab a couple of minutes a night to myself. It speaks a lot of truth, and it's not something like rocket science. Its kind of common sense information but it is things we don't stop and really think of often. It's likes a really good reminder and eye opener. Read it!


Anyway, on to more upbeat information...


9 Months has brought us many changes.


STATS:

She is 15 lbs and 6 oz. - 5th percentile

(which is incredibly small, but the Dr. doesn't seem too worried about it because she has always been small and is still growing at a steady pace.)


And she is 26-3/4 inches tall - 25th percentile


Harlow can wave "bye bye". (she has been able to for awhile but she has gotten much better at it.)


When prompted, she can say Kitty Kitty. Or make a sound similar to it :) Which is weird because we don't have a cat anymore... but I think to her, all animals are Kitty Kitty. Our dogs get called Kitty Kitty a lot.


For awhile we have been asking her to give kisses. And I am proud to say that she now will lean her head into your face when you ask her to give kisses.


When she hears a song she likes, she will either rock back and forth (if she is on her knees) or bounce up and down (if she is sitting). If you tell her to "shake her booty" she will also do the same. Or "Dance, baby, Dance".


She has started pulling herself up to her feet when she is holding onto something.


She got a toy for Christmas that she can push and walk with. We have been practicing walking a lot lately. She is getting really good. (with a little help of course)


She can pick up her cinnamon puffs and yogurt bites one by one and feed them to herself.


She has turned into a real mamma's girl in the past couple of weeks. Which I am loving of course. Not to say that she doesn't love her Daddy, because she really does! She has just been more cuddly and clingy to me lately.


Her fine motor skills are getting a lot more refined. She can pick things up with her fingers.


She crawls so much faster now. She keeps us on our toes all day long.


She still only has one tooth but I am almost certain that another is coming in.

If you ask her to give you a high 5, she will reach out and put her hand on yours.

When we repeat the word, Dog, over and over again, she makes a sound similar to it. Or at least emphasizes the 'G' sound at the end.

Harlow Emi, we love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment