Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!
With Love,
The Hafens
Pete - Sharmela - Harlow

Today we went a little crazy and cleaned and organized the house (or at least I did). I put all of the Christmas decorations away and stored them until next year. I opened all of Harlow's new toys and organized them in her room, did all of the laundry and dishes, organized the guest bedroom, and cleaned up the house. It left me tired but made me feel good to know that we were starting the new year with a clean house!

2010 has by far been the best year yet. So much has happened in the past year. Trials and triumphs and all with a happy ending. Looking back at what the year brought makes me a little emotional. (Ok, a lot emotional.) Whenever I stop to think about how much I've received in the last year, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. I couldn't have asked for more, or anything better. I have a lot to be thankful for.

First, that I have a great husband who works so hard to provide for us. He strives to make sure that we have the best, and more than enough. There aren't many people who work as hard as he does. And I feel so blessed that he does it for me. Pete has always been a supportive and loyal husband, and when we got married, I couldn't have asked for more. But more is what I got! I not only have a great guy, but he is an even better Dad! Harlow is the luckiest girl around to have Pete as her Dad.

And second, is Harlow. I could not ask for more. If God decided that I should only be blessed with one child, I would be ok. (Though I would love more... someday.) She has brought me so much joy. If you had told me that my whole world would center around a baby I never would have believed it. You really don't know this kind of love until you have your own child. Even when I stop and think about her, it makes me a little teary eyed, my throat gets a little tight, and I want to snatch her up out of her crib and squeeze her tight. She is the best part of me. She is the best part of me and the best part of Pete. She is absolutely amazing. She is so small but gives so much. I can't wait for the years to come (though I wish them to come slowly) and see her grow. She has no idea how much she has changed our life. I may not go out with my friends as much, I may not shower, or get dressed in a timely manner anymore, I may not sleep, but I would do it over and over again for her. The past 9 months of 2010 have been so fulfilling. I didn't ever imagine that I would be that mom, who found motherhood to be so fitting. Who could have thought, right? Not me, that's for sure. But sometimes I can't even remember what it was like without her.

2010 was a success, and 2011 has much more in store for us I'm sure. If it brings trials and triumphs I know it will be with a happy ending again. To all my friends and family, we wish you the best in this upcoming year! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment