Sunday, April 17, 2011

12 Months Old

How did this year go by so fast? I feel like I was pregnant not too long ago and counting down the days until I had a baby to put in that cute nursery we worked so hard on. How has it already been 12 months since her arrival? A year ago, I had no idea what I was in for. I thought I did. But it's so much more than I imagined. I was worried that it would be hard. And yes there are moments of hard times, but nothing that lasts long enough to stand out in my memory. When I think about what my past year has been like, I can only think of all the good. And how amazing Harlow is. We created something so small and she is thriving. We did that! haha! I knew that I would love Harlow, but I had no idea how much. My heart could burst from all the love that it's filled with. Corny, but true. It's amazing to watch her grow. She may be tiny but she has grown so much. And she has learned so much. I can't believe how smart she is, and how much she can say and understand. I feel like she can repeat almost everything we ask her to. Which makes me a little apprehensive for the future. haha. Pete and I will definitely have to watch what we say around this one. It seriously hits me like a ton of bricks when I think about how precious our time with her is. It is going by like lightening speed. I wish I could freeze time and keep her like this forever. But at the same time, I'm excited to see her grow up. I can't wait to see what kind of child, teen, and woman she will become. She has such a sweet and peaceful personality. She is very loving and friendly. I was the shyest baby and she is nothing like that! Everyone always comments on how expressive her face is. And they always ask if she has outbursts and temper tantrums because people besides Pete and Myself never see them. She rarely does have those moments. But she also has a wild and flash streak of stubborn in her. Which usually take Pete and I by surprise because it is very rare. I'm a mom, and before Harlow, saying those words didn't have much meaning to them. I'm so proud to be her mom and so proud to say that she is mine. I had no idea that I would love motherhood so much. Does that surprise anyone else as well? I've always liked and enjoyed the company of kids. But being Harlow's mom just fits and feels right. I can't picture how my life would be without her. I love you Harlow Emi Hafen. HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY! (and many more to come!)











12 MONTHS OLD:


Harlow learned how to say "apple"


and "daddy"


and "Cookie"


and "up"


and "night night"


and "owe"


she can say, "da da" and "ma ma"


"uh oh"


" kitty Kitty"


"Doggy"


and she has tried to say a couple of words beginning with "B". Like "Book" and "Boat" and "Bird".


she can almost blow kisses. Usually she just pushed her hand as hard as she can up against her mouth.


She can stand for longer periods with out holding on to anything. (which she learned today)


She finally learned how to hold her own bottle to feed herself. But only when she really wants to. Like when she first wakes up in the morning and is starving! She still prefers to be held and cuddled during bottle time.


She still doesn't really drink from a sippy cup. She usually just chews on it and then drools it all over herself. This drives me nuts!


She has started eating more each feeding. And she has started eating more veggies. finally!


She can show you where her head is.


and nose.


and ears are.


If you ask her where her pants are, she will pat her legs.


When you say, "go Ni Ni (night night)" she will lay her head down.


If you ask her to give you a hug, she will. and will usually pat you on the back and lay her head on your shoulder.


When she sits in the car seat, I tell her to give her monkey a hug. and she does, and then I say to get him a pat pat on the back and she does. And she gives him kisses too.


She got her ears pierced a week after her birthday. She hardly cried. She cried long enough to get a couple of licks of the sucker we bribed her with. She probably cried harder when I took the sucker away.


She can nod her head to say "yes"


she can sign "please" in sign language.

She can say "Hi" and when she does she usually waves at the same time. She even does it to strangers :)


There is probably a ton of other things that I'm forgetting at the moment. But these are some of my favorites!

No comments:

Post a Comment