Thursday, April 21, 2011

Painting, Playing and Blowing Bubbles

Can you tell that it's spring break around here? I think I've done a new post every day!

Today I was excited to try an art project with Harlow. I wanted to add some personal touches to her bedroom. I picked up a tiny 5x5 canvas and some black and white paint. I painted the canvas completely black and then let Harlow help me paint her hand metallic white and then pressed her hand down. And we got it straight and centered on our first try!

This is the set up. I figured that outside would be a better option for painting than in my kitchen...


And I learned my lesson at her birthday party. Strip her down to her diaper if you don't want a huge mess!



She is patiently waiting, with a little bit of a confused look on her face. Why are we eating outside mom?



The finished project!



Then, after we got cleaned up, I let Harlow hang out in her diaper and play for awhile.




I bought this plush photo album that is shaped like a house and is titled "My Family". Since we will be leaving for the summer again, I figured we would be missing our family a lot. This way Harlow has a picture of everyone and can learn their names to their faces. Each person has a picture inside.














And then we had a snack and blew some bubbles.










I LOVE THIS FACE!






No comments:

Post a Comment