Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pint Size Power

Today is Tuesday, and I'm pretty sure Harlow knows what that means, she immediately starts talking about Tumble and Mia and bouncing. I'm glad to see that she looks forward to class each week. To be honest, I was a little apprehensive about starting her so young in class. What if she gets freaked out about something and decides she hates it, or she gets burnt out from starting so soon. But watching her grow and learn and become independent has been awesome to watch. The experience has been good for her, not to say it is because it is gymnastics, because I think she would benefit from any class. It's just a cherry on top that it happens to be a gymnastics class that she loves and has learned so much from.

Today instead of doing class with her, I sent Pete in solo. I haven't been feeling well (crazy abdominal pains which to my relief has gotten better throughout the day). Instead, I was paparazzi (but whats new?). And today was a big day in class! Harlow held on to the high bar on her own. She has done this before but no one has ever fully let go of her. Today Daddy just stood there with his hands ready to catch in case she let go. But she was strong and held on, for about 10 seconds too. She is my teeny tiny pint size power house :)

Daddy and Harlow warming up.








Bouncing on the trampoline.


And Grandma Lori came to watch and helped a little too.




Slide time. I guess Daddy wanted a turn too.


Balance beam.


And done with no help today too! (at least on the wider beam)












Tippy-toe walks on the balance beam.


Front support on the low bar.


Sideways bear walks on the parallel bars.


Hanging on with no help!






Song, Bubbles and Stamps to end the class.



Can't wait to see the progress she makes next week.

Anyone else have ideas on fun things for Harlow to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment