Wednesday, June 12, 2013

6 Months Old - Lennox Mae

Half a year! Lennox has been with us for half of a year already.  I can not believe how fast the time has flown by.  I use to say that I didn't know how much love my heart could hold until I had Harlow and the saying is still true, if not truer.  Instead of my heart becoming so full it could explode, it has just doubled in size and been filled to the complete max with Lennox.  There is no word in the human language to adequately describe my intense love for them.  I had no idea I was even capable of a love so intense until I had kids.  For all my friends reading who don't have kids yet, please hold in your vomit!

This past month Lennox has gotten loud. LOUD!!! She is becoming very vocal and can go from silent to shrieking in less than a second.  She sounds like a pterodactyl when she is tired. Or hungry. Or sad. Or happy. Confusing huh?  She is very hands on these days too.  She likes to touch and feel everything.  Her favorite things to get a hold of are Gus Gus, water bottles or anything that crinkles. 

She had a follow up appointment with her Dr. about her allergies.  Her digestion hasn't gotten any better and has had me worried. She had a couple more stools samples done to determine if there was any more allergies or intolerance and to check for blood in her stool. All came back negative. Which is a relief but still leaves me confused.  Something is definitely not digesting right in her little tummy but she is so happy and active.   The Dr. will follow up again at her 9 month appointment and hopefully between now and then she will be eating more solids and needing less formula.  Hopefully that helps a little bit.

She has started to try and sit up on her own.  I mentioned to her Dr. that I didn't think she was trying to sit up or support herself and then later that same night, she sat up unassisted! And I also mentioned that she doesn't roll from her stomach to her back (just back to stomach) consistently. Then the Dr. laid her on her stomach and bam! she rolled over!  She is always keeping me on my toes. It was almost like she heard me and said, "Challenge accepted mom!".

Because she was having so many tummy issues, she was always gassy and fussy so she slept in her swing at night. Yes, I know, that is crazy! But the movement and being at a slight angle helped her. But this past month we went cold turkey with the swing and put her in a pack and play. And she slept! Occasionally she puts up a fight at night but usually she does great.

This girls loves bath time.  As soon as I turn on the water she starts kicking her legs like crazy. She use to scream when I would take her out but thankfully she has stopped.  When she wakes up in the morning she is so happy.  She has no interest in eating because she wants to see what everyone else is doing.  We literally have to struggle to feed her first thing in the morning.  She is so social. 

I got her hair into her first pony tail.  But it instantly made her look so old that I swore I wouldn't do it again for a long time.  I'm not ready for her not to look like my little baby.  She is wearing some of her 6-12 month clothes now and could wear a size 3 diaper but we need to finish the Costco size box of size 2's first. 

She loves her jumper these days and can sit and play in it for 30 minutes without fussing.  She just jumps around, watches the dogs run around and always has an eye on her sister.  She has even figured out how to work some of the toys on the jumper. 

This girls hates baby food but I keep trying.  I have yet to find a food that she likes.  We have tried squash, sweet potatoes, carrots and bananas.  She screams, holds her arms out straight and leans back away from me when I try and feed her.  Why can't my kids just like food?!?! It is so stressful. 

My favorite change this last month is that she has discovered her tongue and the sounds she can make with it.  Her tongue is hanging out of her mouth all day long! And then she likes to blow at the same time.  What a slobbery mess she makes!  But it is so cute!

Lennox Mae, I love you so much.  You are such a special and sweet baby.  I am thankful for you each and every day.  I can't wait to see how you grow and change each month.

::LENNOX:: ::MAE::
15 lbs. 5 oz.
25 1/2 inches
















No comments:

Post a Comment