Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

I feel like fathers don't always get the credit they deserve. Mother's give birth, nurture, care for and tend to their children every minute of the day whether they are with them are not. But father's, they do the real dirty work. And a lot of it goes unnoticed.  My husband is no exception.  He works 70+ hours a week sometimes and still comes home, helps with the kids, takes out the trash, runs errands and attends ALL of Harlow's classes. I have one job, to take care of my two kids. He has so many jobs and he does them all so well. We got really lucky in the Dad department.  He could easily come home from 12 hour work days and zone out or run to the golf course but he makes sure that his girls (me included) come first.  He really should be celebrated more than just one day out of the year.  I mean, a man who can work as much as he does but still have time to sing Beauty and the Beast songs with Harlow or take Lennox for shoulder rides, is doing the DAD thing right!

Harlow idolizes her Daddy and why shouldn't she, she's got a really good one.  So when I told her about my idea of her and Lennox dressing up in his work clothes, she was all for it! Working the camera, while keeping them both in focus, and smiling AT the camera is hard work! Another thing I am grateful for is that Pete is always behind me making them smile genuine smiles!

Happy Father's Day to the world's greatest Dad (aside from my own)!
 
















No comments:

Post a Comment