Thursday, September 9, 2010

5 Months Old

I can hardly believe it. How have we gotten here so fast? It feels like I went straight from holding a newborn baby to a real baby. Its almost unbelievable to see how much she has grown in these past 5 months. Harlow has a great personality. Bossy at times, sweet most of the other, and just so friendly! She gives her smiles to anyone who smiles at her in return. How did I get so lucky to have such a great baby?!

She can blow the loudest, most slobbery raspberries.

She is one hard baby to get to laugh. But when she does, it is the sweetest sound.

She usually just does an open mouth smile, that I just know is her version of a laugh.

She learned how to cluck her tongue.

She eats her rice cereal (most of the time).

She is rolling over all the time. We can't take our eyes off of her for a second.

She has figured out that she has fingers attached to those hands of hers. She will hold her hands out in front of her face and wiggle her fingers and stare at them.

Sometimes she sits with both of her arms up over her head for no reason. So I have started saying "Ta-da!" every time to prepare her for gymnastics :)

She has started reaching out for objects in front of her. My face, the bottle, the remote control, diapers, the dogs, the cat, and just about anything.

She has also started using both of her hands together, she can grab and pick up toys this way.

She is such a good sleeper, I am told over and over again that I got spoiled with a baby that sleeps through the night. And I am very thankful!

She went on the swings for the first time out at the park in Harlan Ranch.

And rode in her stroller without the car seat/carrier.

And she has started putting sounds together that sound like syllables. Not intentionally saying anything but it sure does sound like "da-da" every once in awhile.

Now if only she would mimic me when I say "ma-ma" instead of just grinning at me every time.
















I can't belive how much she has changed our lives in such a short amount of time.
Just think, in 5 more months she will be 10 months old and then in a blink of an eye, she'll be 1!
I wish I could magically slow down time and really enjoy every second of it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment