Wednesday, October 20, 2010

6 Months

Our little baby is 6 months old! That is half of a year! It doesn't seem that long ago that I was holding a newborn baby, who fit right in the nook of my arm. Now she is so much bigger and takes up all the space in my lap.

It doesn't feel like half a year. It has gone by so quickly.

At her last Dr.'s appointment she weighed in at 13.7 lbs (but I'm sure she has gained weight since then) And she was a little over 25 inches tall.

We have recently started feeding her baby food. 3 times a day.

She loves:
Apples
Squash

She hates:
Sweet potatoes
Bananas

She doesn't like to drink from a sippy cup.

She just recently started grabbing her bottle to hold it herself.

She still won't sit up for long periods by herself. Just a couple of seconds at a time.

She has been trying to pull her knees up underneath her.

She can scoot in a full circle.

And can push herself backwards.

She hasn't figured out how to go forward.

Her feet finally touch the floor when she is in her jumper.

Her hand-eye coordination is insanely good.

She also has figured out how to really use her voice to express when she is really mad. Her shrieks are ear-shattering.

She is still sleeping through the night (thank you baby!)

And she still has no teeth! Which has me very surprised.

She has gotten over being shy/scared of new people.

She sure knows her mom and dad's face. When she catches sight of us, she has a huge grin on her face. and always has her tongue hanging out.

I have this itching feeling that in the next couple of weeks, she will be moving faster than we know how to keep track of her. But I can't wait to see her accomplish all these new milestones. She makes our lives full of joy and I wake up every day excited to see her face. I can't believe that I have such a great little girl. She amazes me every day. Everything she does seems to be so important and I don't want to miss any of it.

WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH SWEET BABY HARLOW!







Harlow's squishy face. So much personality in one small little girl.


Ha! This face makes me laugh out loud every time I see this picture.



Oh! And Happy Halloween - from Harlow!
PS: can't wait to take pictures of her in her costume. She is going to be Sushi!

No comments:

Post a Comment