Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Saying Goodbye to Ashes

Today was a hard emotional day. We had to say goodbye to our sweet little kitty. She has been very sick for the last week. We took her to the vet on Friday because she had lost a severe amount of weight, wasn't eating or going to the bathroom and laid in the same place all day. She also looked like she was having difficulty breathing.

The vet prepared us that whatever she had was not good. He took X-rays of her chest and found that one of her lungs was almost completely filled with fluid. He drained 8 oz of fluid out of it. He tested her blood and the fluids and told us that she tested positive for leukemia. There is no cure for it but we could either keep her on medication and keep bringing her back every couple of days to have her lungs drained or we could put her down.

I couldn't watch her suffer and I know how stressed she got the first time she had her lung drained. It just didn't seem fair to prolong her pain and add to her distress.

I love my kitty but I never thought I would be so emotional about it. That was the hardest decision I've ever had to make. I feel a lot of guilt but I have to keep reminding myself that we did the right thing and took her pain away.

Buddha and Ashes first meeting. Ashes' first day at home.


She was so white!


Gus Gus was not too pleased with the bee addition. They developed a love hate relationship.


Making herself at home with her new family.


Love and hate.


Buddha's best bud.


She gave herself a little bath in the toilet.


It was dinner time, can you tell?


Cuddle buddies.


Ashes enjoying the new house on move in day.


Helping me recover in bed from a sprained ankle.


This is what happens when I stay in bed when Pete goes to work.





She could be a little weird at times.


Once the baby was born, the kitty became a little jealous, can you tell?


I woke up many mornings to her sleeping in the bathtub.


RIP Ashes. I'll never forget how you sat outside the shower waiting patiently for me to get out so you could get in and play with the left over water. Or the many times I laid in the bathtub soaking and reading a book with you standing on the edge, or the many times you fell in while I was in there. Or the time Buddha pushed you in. I'll miss waking up to you walking across my chest or purring in my ear. Love you kitty kat! I'm sorry you were sick and we couldn't make it better. We all miss you!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment