Sunday, December 4, 2011

Bach Children's Choir

On Sunday afternoon we went to Fresno State to watch Jessi sing with the Bach Children's Choir. This was the same day news broke that head coach of the Fresno State Bulldogs, Pat Hill, was ousted. Crazy news. I have mixed emotions about it. He was head coach for all my time as a Bulldog at Fresno State and I spent all my years on the cheer team cheering for him and his team. Like every coach he has had his highs and lows. I feel like all the focus is on the lows and not the good he also led the team to. A little more credit should be given to what he brought to the table at his high points. Though Pat Hill will no longer be coaching I'm sure the bulldogs will have a great future. Go dogs!

Moving on... I got off topic. :) Jessi has been singing with the Bach Children's Choir and we had a chance to watch a little of what she loves. We were pleasantly impressed with the Fresno State Music Program as well. Jessi's choir was a guest performer. Harlow hadn't had a nap all day because we had just gone to a birthday party. So at the beginning on the performance we were a little unsure of how long she would last without disturbing those around us. She sat quietly for awhile watching Nemo on Pete's iPhone and listening through his headphones. But once we pointed out that it was Jessi's turn to stand up and sing things went downhill. She watched the children's choir for a little and then I think she spotted Jessi standing in the front row. And just as it got so quiet you could hear a pin drop, Harlow yells, "I WANT JESSI!" For being a little peanut she has always had a loud and clear voice. I'm sure everyone in the theater heard her. And I know Jessi heard her because she couldn't hold back a smile. Not surprisingly we left as soon as Jessi's choir was done singing.

Of all my years at Fresno State I have never been in this room.


The Bach Children's Choir standing in the front.


Jessi is towards the middle in the front row.

No comments:

Post a Comment