Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Future Olympian in the Making!

Today marks a very special day, at least to this proud mama. As a former gymnast, I am ecstatic! Harlow has been taking a gymnastics class for about 8 months (off and on) which I take her to weekly. It's a special time for me to spend with her doing something I love as well. And this morning, all of her practice/play has paid off! Harlow was playing in her new playroom this morning. When I walked in I realized how much open space there was, so immediately I told her to put her "Hands down, head down" which she takes as time to do forward rolls. She assumed her forward roll position and got up on her tippy toes and pushed herself over. ALL.BY.HERSELF! It was awesome and I'm pretty sure I shrieked in excitement. I use to coach 2-3 year olds in mommy n' me gymnastics classes and never once had a baby learn to do it that fast themselves. I'm sure Harlow has a slight advantage being that she is tiny and doesn't have a huge head to get in the way like most toddlers. She did 3 total this morning all by herself. Check it out:


No comments:

Post a Comment