Monday, December 26, 2011

Cookies For Santa

I decided to start some of our Christmas traditions this year. Even if Harlow didn't fully understand what and why we were doing things I want her to experience whatever she can get from it. We started off by making our sugar cookies for Santa. I asked around for a great sugar cookie recipe and found one that didn't look terribly difficult. Jessi came over one day and hung out with us, she helped/watched me make the dough and later that night Harlow and I rolled it out and cut out our cookies with Christmas cookie cutters. I even let her have her own pieces of cookie dough to create her own. I figured this year she might be a little young to help me decorate the cookies so I frosted them while she napped the next day. We made a TON of cookies so we decided to give them to some friends who stopped by. Harlow was pretty excited about that and would point to a plate of cookies and say "Terra's cookies" or "Jenn's cookies".

I had plans to find a cute plate just for Santa's cookies each year but never found one. Instead I just pulled out a plain white paper plate, wrote a note from Harlow to Santa on it and then let her color to her hearts content.







Harlow working hard at cutting out her cookies.








Taste testing the first batch of cookies out of the oven.






Showing me her cookies and offering to share.




Harlow on Christmas eve, leaving her cookies and milk for Santa.




No comments:

Post a Comment