Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bennett Nickolas Hafen

On Thursday morning Brianna and Nick went in to the hospital for a scheduled c-section. But before that, they dropped Amelia off to hang out with Harlow, Pete and I while her baby brother was born. Part way through her stay I headed off to the hospital to await for Baby Bennett's arrival with the family. I think Pete was a little unsure about watching 2 kids instead of just 1. But by the looks of things when I got home later that night, it looked like they had a great time playing with every.single.one. of Harlow's toys. Our house looked like it had been ransacked. And they were both covered in chocolate milk and pizza. And Harlow arrived at the hospital NOT wearing a bow. (tisk tisk daddy)

We are so glad that Baby Bennett is finally here and we can love on him. I can't get over how small newborn babies are. It's hard to remember Harlow ever being that small. He is just a bundle of goodness. We love you Bennett! Welcome to the world!

Amelia and Harlow hanging out and watching a movie.


They actually played really well, and shared.






Lori and Jessi waiting at the hospital.


Grandma B, Kelsey and Papa Rick waiting as well.


Because it is flu season, Amelia (Big Sister) wasn't allowed to visit her baby brother or mommy in the hospital. Instead, Nick had Amelia do Facetime on the iPad to see Brianna and Bennett.




Baby!


And finally we got to go in and see him! He looks so sweet!


And I die over those little lips. I think I have some baby fever, but just enough that can be cured by holding this sweet baby.


Bennett Nickolas Hafen
Born December 29, 2011
7 lbs 1 oz
20 inches long




Grandma Lori and Baby Bennett.






Mommy and Baby.


Family.


I could hold him all day!

2 comments:

  1. Those are such cute pictures! Thanks for documenting everything :) Can I get all those on a CD? I would just save them from the blog but they aren't very good quality that way. I can't believe how bloated I was! I didn't feel that way.

    ReplyDelete