Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Our Christmas routine is a hectic one. One that makes me a little stressed out. We want to make sure we see everyone and spend our time equally with each. But there is only so much you can do in a day. On Christmas eve we spent the morning putting the last few touches on the new playroom before heading over to Grandma Lori and Papa Rick's house. Every year the Klatt family gives gifts to a family in need. They do this in memory of Lori's son Skyler (Pete's little brother) who passed away. They call it Skyler's Stocking. And every year since I have been dating Pete, this tradition is one I look forward to. This always brings me back and makes me realize what Christmas is really all about. The magic of Christmas isn't just about the gifts received. I can't remember what gifts I received last year but I can remember the families that have received Skyler's Stocking. It almost didn't happen this year, but in crunch time, Lori found a family to give to and had us all meet up at Target one night to help shop for it.

The greatest part was that later Lori received a phone call from a very gracious and grateful father who promised to pay the good deed forward once he was in a place to do so.

This is Harlow inside the stocking. Yes, the stocking was that big!








All the gifts packed and ready to be dropped off.


Self-timer picture of the whole family before we left.




Getting ready to make our delivery.










After Skyler's Stocking we headed over to my parents house for our traditional dinner. My brother and sister-in-law were in town as well.


After dinner, we let Harlow open her gifts from my parents, and Dev and Aiko.


While we were in San Diego for my brother's wedding in October we stopped by a Pottery Barn Kids to look around. Harlow spotted a toy shopping cart and fell in love. She threw a huge fit when we tried to leave the store without it. So my parents bought it for her for Christmas.






And a stroller and baby doll.










When dinner was over we headed home to get ready for the arrival of Santa. After we put Harlow to bed Santa stopped by. But we missed him. He works fast! But it looks like he did good this year!




No comments:

Post a Comment