Sunday, July 28, 2013

5 Year Anniversary

Pete and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on July 13th.  We are so thankful my parents were able to make their visit fall on the same weekend.  We had a babysitter! They also made it happen last year too! We all spent the day hanging out and later that night after we put Lennox to bed, I popped some popcorn and gave Harlow permission to stay up with my parents until Pete and I got back from dinner. Pete found a cute Italian restaurant that was ranked #1 in Italian restaurants in Indianapolis. It was called Mama Carolla's Old Italian Restaurant. It was in a cute, vintage-y looking part of town, a lot like Old Town Clovis but better. And the actual restaurant was inside of an old Victorian house that had been kept in its original state.  There were tables throughout the house, upstairs, downstairs, and in the backyard.  I think I loved the atmosphere more than the food and the food was good too!

I am so grateful for such a hard working man.  Before Pete and I were even married, just at the beginning stages of dating, I never could have dreamed that he would lead our lives to the place we are at now.  He is strong, dedicated, driven and giving. I don't think he knows how to tell me no, not that I am complaining. If I have an idea he figures out a way to make it happen.  And the same goes for the girls. No one comes before his family and for that I am the most grateful. 5 years down and eternity to go!







No comments:

Post a Comment