Sunday, July 14, 2013

Lennox Mae - 7 Months Old

STOP! It doesn't feel like 7 months could have possibly passed since Lennox joined our family. I found myself saying this month that if I had a super power it would be to freeze time.  I wish she could stay this little forever.  This is a stage that I really love. She is just about to hit milestones like crawling, mimicking words and all that fun stuff that takes her from infant to baby.  And I am just not ready! She stills needs me to hold her and feed her and I'm pretty much her number one source of entertainment these days. But once she starts crawling she will be so much more independent. I'm sad just thinking about it.

This past month has brought on a few new changes. She is having a really hard time with strangers.  Little old ladies always stop and talk to Lennox and Harlow when we are out and about.  Harlow is always proud to show off her baby sister and Lennox starts off all smiles and then in an instant is crying her little eyes out. It's like she's just so unsure about the situation of someone new.  I always tell people not to take it personally and that it's her not them! It doesn't help that since we are away for the summer she really is only around myself, Pete and Harlow.

She can also sit up so well now. I have no worries about leaving her sitting up on her own anymore. If she does fall over these days she just rolls back over to her stomach and keeps on playing.  She is pretty content to sit up and play with her toys, watch Harlow run around and try and reach out to grab the dogs as they go by.  Lennox is getting bigger and stronger.  When she lays on her stomach she can push up with her arms so high. Her stomach has even started coming off the floor when she does.  And she can last a lot longer on her stomach than before.   I had even put her in a crawling position a couple of times and she has held it!

She has gone from rejecting baby food to finally willingly try food.  She eats baby food twice a day now and soon we'll try for three solid meals. Her current favorite is pears and she also has eaten apples, squash, sweet potatoes, peaches, bananas and peas.  She does not enjoy sweet potatoes, bananas or peas.  And I don't enjoy feeding her those either.  I always end up covered in baby food and so does she. 

She has started babbling a lot more.  She loves to make the "bababa" sound.  Quietly or as loud as she can get.  She makes the funniest face when she does it too, almost like a fish in the water.  She has started to understand tones of voices.  When I don't want her to do something I have started saying, "ah ah ah" with her. One day in the bath I kept saying it so she would stop putting the toys in her mouth and her little lips turned upside down and she started to whimper and cry. It was so sad. It was almost like I hurt her feelings. Speaking of hurt feelings, she has started throwing mini temper tantrums.  She hates when she has something taken out of her hands that she is not finished with. Mainly my phone or a bath toy or anything she's not suppose to have. She immediately shrieks and starts to cry. but it sure stops Harlow from taking things from her!

This little girl is also so ticklish! Her whole body spasms when you tickle her and she giggles up a storm. Her giggle is probably the best sound in the whole world these days. I try my hardest all day long just to get her to laugh, and man does she make me work for it!

Lennox Mae you are such a sweet addition to our family and I am so grateful that I get to call you mine!













No comments:

Post a Comment