Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The Bean in Chicago

After we explored the Navy Pier we headed not too far to see The Bean that is also in Chicago.  I have only ever seen it in movies, most recently in The Vow with Channing Tatum. It's basically a mirror shaped bean that gives you the views of the Chicago skyline.  It was pretty awesome to see. There were so many people there and it was HOT. I think it would have been more enjoyable first thing in the morning with less people and cooler weather. But I would definitely recommend it to everyone to check out. By the time we got to The Bean it was way past nap time for Harlow and she was starting to get into her funk so we decided to let her run around in the grass and chase some pigeons before we got back in the car for the 3 hour ride back to Indiana.


We walked through this outdoor amphitheater to get to The Bean.  It is pretty awesome and industrial looking.





My dad and Harlow checking out their reflection.




Check out the reflection of the Chicago skyline!

Underneath The Bean.

I spy my mom, Pete, Lennox, my dad, Harlow and myself.


Um yes, Lennox has like no hair on the back of her head. :/

Harlow saw the older girls laying under The Bean checking out their reflection and she wanted to lay down and do the same. I'm almost positive it was because she was so tired since she missed nap time.


Tired and grumpy. This girl NEEDS her nap every day.


So thankful my parents made the trip out to Indiana to visit us!


Running off some steam before we strapped her in the car for the 3 hour drive back to Indiana.




Chasing pigeons.








No comments:

Post a Comment