Thursday, April 11, 2013

Gymnastics Class Update

Harlow has been loving her gymnastics class at Break the Barriers.  I grew up at Break the Barriers so this makes my heart so happy.  I love seeing her get to do the things that I loved doing when I was younger.  Gymnastics has really helped her confidence, body awareness, strength and hand-eye-coordination.  Not to mention she is finally starting to get a little braver.  But not too brave.  Daddy gives her a "brave jelly bean" when she needs a little courage. Basically, he gives her an imaginary jelly bean that makes her feel like she can be brave.  This will always be one of my favorite memories of her being little. I'll be sad when she starts taking a preschool age class rather than a mommy and me class.  I love getting to spend the one on one time with her.  It's hard to always give her 100% of my attention and I wish I could.  I always leave her class feeling a little more connected to her.

On this day that I took pictures of her in class, she actually got to ride the birthday horse.  The birthday horse has been around for almost 20+ years!  I use to ride it every year on my birthday too.  It definitely brought back some good, and embarrassing childhood memories.

Her coach is Coach Julie, who I use to coach when Julie was kid. And then trained her to be a coach herself.  Makes me feel pretty old!  Julie is so full of energy that all of the kids in her class love her, Harlow included!







Perfecting her straddle jumps.






Learning her back walk overs.






She got to do the harness on the trampoline again.  Each time she gets to do this she gets a little braver. The first time she cried...








Coach Julie leading her class in singing Harlow, Happy Birthday.



Getting high fives from her classmates.


Getting ready to ride the birthday horse around the gym.


The other kids run behind the horse clapping while it is pushed around the gym.







No comments:

Post a Comment