Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Harlow Emi - 3 Years Old

Harlow is 3!
Which means my journey to motherhood began almost 4 years ago. 
Those years have flown by too fast.
I am so grateful for this precious girl.  
She challenges me daily to be a better woman.
To be a better mother and wife.
She challenges me to be the woman I want her to become some day.
I think your first born always holds a tender spot in your heart.
She made me a mama.
And for that, I will always be thankful.
I feel so blessed to have such an amazing little girl in my life.


Harlow loves: Chocolate milk. Madagascar. The Lion King. Finding Nemo. Her small country of stuffed animals. Cousin Amelia. Gymnastics class. Dance class. Swim class. Riding her tricycle. Helping me bake. Strawberries. Chocolate. Sophia the First. Music. Books. Coloring. Playing under the kitchen table. Her blanket. Ice cream. Pirates. Playing pretend.

Harlow says funny things:
Anything instead of nothing.
Hold you instead of hold me.
Last day instead of yesterday or the other day or any day in the past.
This day instead of today.
Puinea Gig instead of Guinea Pig.
Headfore instead of forehead. 
When I was young.
When I was a baby.
Busy instead of Dizzy.
E-chugger instead of each other.
Bemember instead of remember
I tooted in my mouth instead of burped.
Me three instead of me too.
Tooty Dragon instead of fart.

Harlow has the best memory.  She can remember small details from events months in the past.  She can sing along to all the top 40 songs on the radio. You can't tell her you're going to take her somewhere unless you are 100% positive you are going to follow through. She will hold you to it. 

Harlow is: Shy. Quietly confident. Intelligent. Driven. Stubborn. Joyful. Sweet. Energetic. Sensitive. Imaginative. Timid. Playful. Cautious. Friendly. Perfectly and wonderfully made.

Harlow Emi Hafen.
I love you most.
-Mama

























No comments:

Post a Comment