Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Lennox - 3 Months Old

My little baby is officially 3 months old.  She has started to transition from newborn to baby.  Oh who am I kidding, she's not a newborn, not even close.  I'm just still in the honeymoon stage of having a new baby.  I sat down one night to feed her and literally could not believe that she came out of me. We MADE her! How is she so wonderfully and perfectly made? And how was she made so perfectly for our family?  She came into our lives and just fit so nicely into the mix, health issues aside. She is doing so much better by the way but I'll save that for another update.

This girl is so friendly!  She has started sharing her smiles to just about anyone who talks to her.  She has also become even more vocal.  I love morning times with her because she is so happy and talkative.  She still doesn't enjoy riding in the car which makes for some ear shattering car rides.  Actually we don't really think it's the car, we think it's the car seat itself.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is just a stage and she'll soon get past it.  She is also become more aware of her own body.  She always has her hands in her mouth or her shirt pulled up to her face and she is getting so close to finding her feet.  She has gotten them a couple of times and actually likes to sit with her hands on her shins.  Her eye sight is also improving.  We know this because we have actually caught her watching cartoons that are on for Harlow in the morning.

Her newest milestone is that she learned to roll over from her back to her stomach.  Which is really weird because babies usually learn to roll from their stomach to their back first. On one hand I'm pretty excited for her but on the other hand I REALLY wish she had learned to roll from her stomach to her back first.  I literally can not leave her alone on the floor for a second now.  She will roll over from her back to her stomach and not even be able to help herself.  She just flails around until I jump up to help her.  As soon as she learns to roll from her stomach to her back we should be ok but until then I sure am getting a good workout.  

Things she loves:
-Her new bath incline used in the big bath - no more baby bathtub
-Laying under her play mat
-Rolling over to her stomach
-Daddy's funny faces/sounds
-Cartoons - we caught her watching cartoons right along with Harlow
-Being tickled with mommy's hair
-Watching mommy twirl her hair
-Playing with her own hair when she is done eating

Things she hates:
-Riding in the car/carseat
-Getting her fingernails clipped
-Not having her bottle warmed to just the right temperature - SO PICKY!

:: Lennox :: Mae ::
3 Months Old
11 lbs. 7 oz.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment