Saturday, July 31, 2010

Best Friends & Laughs

The past couple of days have been worth looking back on (not because of the awesome stuff we're doing in Wenatchee, cause there's none of that) because Harlow seems to be growing up in nano seconds.

I'm thankful for these past months with her, that I've gotten to stay home with her while Pete works. I'm thankful that Pete works so hard so that I can do that. I think I'd be heartbroken if I missed some of these 'firsts' of hers.

Today I mentioned that she wouldn't let me cuddle her anymore whenever I wanted to, only when she wants to. I think she must have heard me because today she not only let me cuddle with her for a good 45 minutes but she fell asleep in my arms. So I sat and touched her cheeks, traced her lips and counted her toes and fingers. Because I wanted to make sure I got the chance to do so. She is so little and perfect and it still boggles my mind that I (we) made her.

Sorry i got all sentimental, anyway...

Today was a first for Gus Gus and Harlow. They finally really acknowledged each other. Gus sat very still (for the first time) while sitting next to Harlow and Harlow locked her little eyes on Gus and then reached out and patted her on the back a couple of times. So I pulled out the video camera (on my phone. Note to Santa Clause, I'd like a real one) and watched her play and pet Gus for the first time without me initiating it and Gus not running away. Best friends I'm sure. At least one day hopefully.

YouTube Video


And then 5 minutes after I sent that video to Pete she goes and does another incredible thing. (I think she's incredible, can you tell?)

I started playing peek-a-boo with her using her favorite frog and she started laughing!!!! Who knew that little sound could be so sweet! In the past she has laughed in her sleep or laughed once and stopped surprised by herself but today she had the giggles! I could listen to that laugh all day. And I think it makes me even happier to know 'I' was the one to make her laugh! She must be smart, she knows I'm funny (hopefully she'll tell her dad and he'll agree).

YouTube Video


Now if only she could get that 'ma ma' down. That would make my year!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment