Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th of July!

We celebrated our first 4th of July with Harlow. Since we are in Washington we were unsure of what to do or where to go. I looked up a few options on Saturday and decided that we would try the Tacoma Freedom Fair on the Waterfront. It was so chilly!!!! We all had to wear sweaters and we brought 3 blankets for Harlow and we were still cold. We found a small park with an open grass area to sit and watch fireworks. The waterfront was a little too crowded for us since that is where all the food and booths were located. Finding parking was a huge challenge, and all of the streets where so hilly. We found parking about 15 minutes away. The walk to the park was all down-hill. Which meant that the walk back to the car was all UP-HILL! ack! I think I almost died. I didnt realize until that moment how out of shape I am from having a baby and not having worked out for MONTHS!

I was afraid that Harlow would freak out with the loud fireworks but she did great. She even watched most of them until the end. She got a little cranky because it was way past her bedtime. She ended up falling asleep the last 5 minutes of the show and slept until we got home.

This 4th of July was pretty low key for us. Wish we could have spent it with family and friends. We miss everyone so much!







Daddy helping Harlow see the fireworks




Please excuse my 5 inch roots! ack! I can't wait to be home to get my hair done.
Happy 4th of July - From the Hafen Family!








No comments:

Post a Comment