Thursday, July 15, 2010

2 year anniversary

On Tuesday Pete and I celebrated 2 years of being married! How did it go so fast? Looking back, I'm proud of where we've gotten since then. We got married, bought our first house, and had a beautiful baby girl! I feel so blessed to have so much when I don't feel so deserving.






On Tuesday Pete took the day off work. (I know, I can hardly believe it too!!!) I thought for sure I'd be cursed with not ever getting to celebrate our anniversary because we got married in the summer, his busiest time of the year. But he surprised me and we got to spend the whole day together. He took us (baby came too, no family here in Wa to babysit) to Seattle to a great place called The Crab Pot. We ordered a ton of king and snow crab and they dump it out on the table and let you go at it. So yummy! But then... The chaos erupted. Harlow, who is usually so calm and sweet and happy, FREAKED OUT!!!! Like I've never seen her do before. She literally was shrieking. She cried so hard she was blotchy and red. We have no idea what happened but neither of us could calm her down. We each took turns taking her outside and trying to soothe her but neither of us could settle her. So it was either we take turns eating alone while the other sat outside the restaurant with her or we just get the food to go. We took the anniversary meal home in a doggy bag. But then as soon as we put her in the car seat, she whimpered a little but eventually fell asleep. She wore herself out crying that hard. We think she was just too overwhelmed with the atmosphere of the restaurant. It was packed, noisy, smelled like crab, and was hot. Now I know why people get a babysitter when they want to celebrate a special occasion. But we don't have that luxury in the summer. Oh well, she sure showed us who the boss it.

By the time we got to the car she was OUT so we went and did some shopping. She actually woke up for awhile and just like that, she was her old happy self. Like it never happened. Crazy kid.

Oh the memories we make!

I'll have to post a couple of pictures later. Not that there were many before the freak out.



- Posted using BlogPress from
my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment