Thursday, January 3, 2013

Lennox Mae Hafen

 Lennox Mae Hafen
December 5, 2012
8:05 am
7 lb 11 oz
20 1/4 inches

I've had a newborn for 4 weeks and I am just now sitting down to write about it on my blog.  We've been busy.  It's been awesome. And a little crazy.  I mean, I have 2 kids. TWO!! We are still getting the hang of it.  I am still recovering from a c-section.  But more than anything, I am thankful for Pete.  I mean, I didn't even change a single diaper until day 4. He never asked or expected me to do it, bonus husband points! I am not good with restrictions but I know from my last c-section, the doctor's orders are for a reason. This time around has been so much easier.  But not so easy that I'd say I was ready and willing to have another, not just yet.

Harlow is adjusting well.  She loves to touch her sister (I said sister! eek!) and sing to her, she even asks to give her hugs and kisses every night at bedtime.  She is not a fan of Lennox's crying.  The first few days back at home were rough.  When Lennox would cry, Harlow would get flustered and cry herself.  Broke my heart.  But she is much better with it now.  She just tells me, "Mom, maybe you should pick her up." when she cries.  I have witnessed Harlow practicing her mothering skills on her baby doll, Lucy.  I found her with her baby up over her shoulder burping her, as well as sitting in my rocking chair, with my boppy pillow, nursing her baby.  Yes, nursing! And changing her dolls poopy diapers.  She is going to make a great mother some day when she's 50. 

I think the jump from 1 child to 2 is HUGE.  It has been such a transition for all of us.  My morning routine is out of wack. I never know when I'll have time to shower, or sleep, or eat for that matter.  It always seems there's a little human that needs something before my own needs are met.  But this too shall pass, right? 

I also can't believe how different my babies are.  While Harlow was slow to nurse, Lennox nurses like a champ!  And while Harlow was relaxed and even tempered, Lennox is more of a hands on baby.  Who not only tells you, but demands your attention.  Lennox has turned out to be a colic-y baby.  It rattles me, that I can't seem to soothe her.   And I will admit, has brought me to tears myself.  Thank goodness Pete is around to trade of when I just need a moment of peace.  Thankfully she has started to get on a better night time sleep pattern. I was beginning to not be able to tell night from day myself. 

Raising babies is hard work.  People make it look so easy! And while it's hard, its also so awesome! I have 2 of the cutest babies in the whole world.  How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment