Friday, January 25, 2013

One Month Old - Lennox

How is it possible that Lennox has already passed the one month mark? Time always gets the best of me!  It never stops for my lack of time management. For some proof of this, I am actually more than 3 weeks late in posting these!

One Month Stats:
9 lbs. 5 oz.
21 1/2 inch


Lennox is starting to put on some chub and I love it!  She gained a pound and a half in 3 weeks.  She is nursing like a champ and eats literally every 2 hours or less sometimes.  But luckily she is pretty quick.  We have come across some obstacles though.  She is always gassy and uncomfortable.  I have stopped eating any sort of dairy, eggs, soy and caffeine.  Taking those out of my diet has helped a teeny tiny bit.  But nothing so substantial that I can say it's doing much good. I've even stopped eating beans, onions, spicy foods and anything acidic. But still, she is always gassy. We have started giving her infant gas drops which seem to help a little. She also seems to have colic.  Most night she cries for hours at a time and nothing we do or try seems to comfort her. We try to stick to our night time routine as much as we can, give her warm baths, swaddle her, rock her, literally everything.  And some nights it works and some nights she just cries.  It breaks my heart to hear her cry and not be able to comfort her. And I am sad to say, she won't take a pacifier.  So we just have to listen to her cry... But this too shall pass, right? Her pediatrician says she will eventually outgrow it. And that it can last up to 6 months. (6 MONTHS!!) He also told me that it peaks at 2 months of age and I about cried, it gets worse than this?! But even with all these obstacles she is still growing and healthy as can be, go figure! She isn't always unhappy though.  The morning time is probably her most even tempered time and she is very generous with her smiles and cooing sounds.  It makes me want to sit in my PJ's all morning and watch her.  Which I am doing right now actually. 

I still can't believe that I have 2 kids.  It literally hits me sometimes like a ton of bricks.  I'll be feeding Lennox and Harlow will tell me she needs to go potty... Which causes a little dilemma for me, if only I had 3 arms it would be so much easier. Or when we are getting into or out of the car, it is such a process.  I wonder when it will just be the norm for me.  

Lennox loves her big sister, she is very alert when Harlow is close by her.  I love seeing them together and love that Harlow is doing so well adjusting. She has her moments but she's 2 years old so I think some of it can be blamed on that, right? 

Just like we did with Harlow, we decided to take pictures of Lennox through the months.  And with Gus Gus too of course. Here are her one month pictures:








No comments:

Post a Comment